maxéville · FR
ImputatoSommario
A 23-year-old man was shot dead at about 9.15pm on Wednesday 19 August 2026 in the Champ-le-Boeuf quarter of Maxéville, a commune of some 10,000 people on the edge of Nancy in Meurthe-et-Moselle. The mayor, who went to the scene, said an armed group had come to kill a young man standing at the foot of his building and had pursued him to his home. Bullet impacts were found on the building. On Saturday 22 August the Nancy prosecutor's office announced that a suspect had been brought before an investigating magistrate, placed under formal investigation for assassinat and remanded in custody. According to the deputy prosecutor, the suspect admits having fired at the victim and says the shooting arose from drug trafficking. The suspect's age was not disclosed. Further shots were fired nearby on the Thursday morning, leaving sixteen bullet impacts on the door of a flat whose occupants — a couple and their children — were away at the time. The prosecutor's office said those shots appeared to be connected to the shooting of 19 August.
Iter giudiziario
Fonti
Correzioni
- incident_date corrected from the article publication date 2026-08-22 to 2026-08-19: the source places the shooting on the Wednesday evening, "mercredi soir, vers 21H15", and the prosecutor refers to "la fusillade du 19 août". city corrected from "nancy", the seat of the prosecuting parquet, to "maxéville", the commune where the shooting took place, and coordinates moved from the Nancy centroid to the Maxéville centroid. judicial_status raised from alleged to charged on the mise en examen for assassinat. slug updated to match.