nice · FR
PresuntoSommario
A 60-year-old woman was stabbed three times in the common parts of a building on avenue Georges-Clemenceau in central Nice, a few minutes' walk from the main station, at about 00:34 on Sunday 16 August 2026. She was wounded once in the abdomen and twice in the head and was taken to the Nice university hospital, where her life was reported to be in danger. She survived. A 33-year-old neighbour, hearing shouting in the courtyard, went out onto his balcony and saw a man kneeling over a person lying on the ground and repeating a rapid movement with his left hand. He said he had not seen the knife at that point. He intervened, and reporting credits him with saving the woman's life. He was awarded the city medal by the mayor of Nice at the town hall on Monday 17 August, and told Le Figaro he had acted "by instinct" and "without thinking". An emergency call warned police that the man was armed with a knife, and an anti-crime brigade crew already nearby arrested him at the scene. He was himself injured and was taken to hospital for treatment. The prosecutor's office in Nice confirmed that the man arrested was held in police custody for attempted murder, and that the investigation was assigned to the Nice criminal brigade. No charge in the case is reported in any of the cited sources. Early reporting that the attack involved a rape was subsequently corrected: the prosecutor's office confirmed that the victim was not raped.
Iter giudiziario
- Presunto — 16 agosto 2026 fonte
Fonti
Correzioni
- victim fields corrected: the intake heuristic had recorded the 33-year-old man who intervened as the victim (sex M, age 30-40). The victim is the woman who was stabbed; sex set to F and age_range reset to unknown, as no age is reported for her. incident_date corrected from the article publication date 2026-08-17 to 2026-08-15, the Saturday night of the attack. slug updated to match.
- incident_date corrected from 2026-08-15 to 2026-08-16 and the slug updated to match: a France 3 report added as a second source times the emergency call precisely at 00h34 on Sunday 16 August, which is the calendar date of the attack even though Le Figaro framed it as the Saturday night.
- victim.age_range set to 60-70 from an ICI Azur (Radio France) report added as a third source, which gives the victim's age as 60 three times; the age had been left unknown because no previously approved source stated it.